Thursday, April 21, 2011

Days 19-22

It's been a busy week and I haven't had much time to blog but I have been working on projects. Sunday (day 19) brought about another piano hinge book-this one made with a beautiful Italian rose print paper that I recently acquired and was anxious to find a project for.



Binding of Rose Piano Hinge book
Monday (Day 20) I took on the task of beading all the Piano Hinge books I'd made and then in the evening started on a new project, potentially for a new class, a tag book made of foam core and book board. Needless to say the instructions in the magazine I was following were great for the cover but not very helpful for the inside and it's taken a while to get it together and I'm still not completely happy with it. Going to have to work on it a little more before I take the time to embellish it. Tuesday and Wednesday (days 21 &22) were filled with problem solving for the House tag book.  Here's a preview of the House tag book.

Cover of House tag book. The brown square in the center lifts out like a window for a fun dimensional effect-the window (obviously) still needs to be embellished and finished with fun paper and do-dads.

Inside of book-tags and pockets still need embellishing and jazzing up.
Today I'm off to Assemblage to hopefully launch a Facebook page for Assemblage (Woo Hoo!), have dinner with friends and then another Altered book class!  Will post later on today (Day 23). Hope you're all having a beautiful spring day!

Also, if you're enjoying this blog, don't forget to become a follower. Just click the "Follow" button in the upper right hand corner and follow the directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment