Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Days 10 thru 14

I know there are some of you out there thinking "Well that's it, she's quit on the project already," not the case just had a few days away. I didn't stop working on my art just took a break from the blog.

Friday was a day of planning what to pack for the trip and tentative projects.  It also consisted of the "art" of dodging the crazy Chicago traffic and a few pictures along the way!

This picture doesn't nearly do justice to the beautiful scene of the buildings fading into the clouds but we tried to capture it

A couple of the beautiful old buildings we passed while shopping downtown

Saturday morning I camped out on the middle of my bed in the hotel cutting and gluing bits and pieces into my altered book. We were then off for a wonderful breakfast at Stax, some shopping, a quick dinner (and a stop at Starbucks of course, considering the company I was keeping!) and an amazing Stevie Nicks concert.  We returned to the hotel late Saturday night and I broke out the Altered book again and started working while we chatted and shared a bottle of wine.  I managed to finish a page and in the early morning hours of Sunday start another page. We finally decided to call it a night at 4 am.

Finished altered book page

Sunday brought a beautiful morning walk to Starbucks, a chat in the Piazza Dimaggio and a trip to Honkytonk BBQ for a yummy lunch. I said goodbye to Steve and Miguel and started on my way back home. What started out as a beautiful drive ended in a white knuckle drive in a raging storm between Oshkosh and Appleton-what a way to end the night but I'd made it home safe and in one piece!

After the crazy trip home Sunday night I decided to take Monday off to recoup-just didn't have the energy to create and work that day.

Tuesday I headed off to a meeting at work with a back issue of Somerset Home in my hand and as I was flipping thru it before my meeting my co-worker Kim pointed out a project she thought was cute-a crochet metal birds nest embellished with beads, charms and fibers.  I said "It doesn't seem too hard, I'm gonna try it" and rushed home after the meeting to start the project. Two hours later I had the nest crocheted and 3/4 of the beading done, I threw it in my purse and headed off to my next meeting to show off the project to Kim. After the 2nd meeting I came home and worked on finishing up the project, wanting to get it done before I had to go back to work.  No luck-by the time I had to go back to work it still wasn't done!  Off to work I went for a quick 4 hr shift only to rush home to finally finish the project!

Crocheted birds nest-not the best pic-I'll attempt to get a better one soon and post
Now after finishing my project and catching up on this blog I have to make my way off to bed now or I'll never want to get up and work on projects in the morning. Happy Creating everyone.

P.S. Don't forget about the 5th Anniversary party at Assemblage Studio on Friday April 15th, 4pm-7pm. I'd love to see you all there!

1 comment:

  1. Love the nest! I can't believe you got that done in one day!!!!