Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 18-updated

Back to Assemblage today for,as predicted, fabulous Kathy Hackbarth's Piano Hinge Book Class. I always look forward to Kathy's classes she's always so patient and wonderful. The 7 of us gathered around the class table once again to soak up the masters knowledge, time flew by and the next thing we knew books were nearly done (minus the embellishments) and it was time for lunch!

Front cover-still needs embellishing and beading of my linen threads

Cool Piano Hinge spine

Inside signatures
Quick break for a cup of coffee and I'm headed into the studio to crank out a couple more of these fun books-It's always good to have a few gifts on hand and these would make great gifts for someone. No use wasting such a miserable weather day-must create!

I've emerged from my studio again for a brief break-here's a little peek at the newest book-waiting for some jazzing up!  Also have a beautiful rose print book in progress but I had to stop cutting signatures because my hand cramped up...there's always tomorrow.  Good night all!

Cover of book number 2

Spine with alternating color signatures.  I used my trusty Japanese handsaw to cut the end of the skewers off (Thanks Skye for the saw suggestion-I love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment