Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 25-It's amazing how much clarity a nap can bring

I got home from work today and had plans to meet a good friend but just hit a wall-emotionally, creatively and physically. I just couldn't muster the energy to meet my friend to create which frustrated and saddened me as I text her to cancel. I decided a little nap was in order and it's amazing how you can wake just a few hours later with a renewed energy and creativity. Having been driven out of my studio temporarily due to the cold damp of springtime in my basement, I relocated to my bedroom and started clipping, gluing and sorting.

I had an idea in mind from class on Thursday but of course I couldn't get it to work like the instructions so I had to once again modify the process to get the page to work but with a little extra folding and playing I finally got my "pop-up" to work and my lady way flying across the page like planned.  A few more swipes of paint and glazing medium, a few phrases here and there and it was finally looking more like the picture I had in my mind when I started. Here's what I ended up with:



And here's a close up of the "pop-up" portion of the page


Well, now that I've got my gluing, painting and cutting out of my system for the night I'm off to bed for a little more sleep.  Hope everyone has a very Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment