Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My New Year

After years of collecting...paper, paints, trinkets, tolkens and every other thing you may need to create art, my studio is overflowing.  My newest project, so to speak, is going to be a year of projects.  The goal create 365 projects in as many days.  Scary yes.  A challenge absolutely and hopefully a chance to grow as an artist and a person. To help me in this endeavor I picked up the book "365:a daily creativity journal: make something every day and change your life!" Using it and several other sources of inspiration I hope to complete this task and continue it as long as I can.

This being said I've always been one to procrastinate so I'm going to need help from all my friends and family to stay on task. For those of you who know me well, you know I have the attention span of a gnat! I'm easily distracted and frequently go from one project to another with amazing speed. In the words of Joe "the cake guy" I'm a bulimic crafter! One project leads the way for another with the remnants of the previous project strewn along the way. I'm hoping, with this year long project, to utilize some of the "orphans" who have been misplaced along this art highway and bring them into their glory in the form of a new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment