Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 2

Well the prompt for day 2 is "What's your favorite animal? Use it as your inspiration" and it sent me thinking about how I was ever going to get todays project done. I enjoy animals but I've not really had one in my life on a daily basis for a while. Looking back my favorite pet growing up was our dog Wrinkles. Wrink, as we called him, died several years ago and I sat here pondering about how I was going to turn memories of Wrink into a project today then I remembered how much he loved to play-he would run for his ball forever or "work" at burying a bone under his blanket in the family room until it was just right.  Ok, now I had a theme-PLAY, but what was I going to do with it?  Then I remembered my friend Chrys' post yesterday about a challenge to create 4 inch "tiles" for an auction benefiting Reece's Rainbow-I now had a medium to work in and it was off to my studio to "create."

Reece's Rainbow http://reecesrainbow.org/ is a Christian charity that assists with adoption of special needs children. Marion Smith of Prima Marketing is the one spearheading this project and I challenge each of my artsy/crafty ladies to watch the clip with all the info and then participate. Here's the link for the quick info http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDdf6wUyvqI and a longer version with all the info http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13189569 Huge Thank you goes to Chrys for posting yesterday!

An hour or so later I emerged with a (thankfully!!) completed project to send on it's way.  Here's a picture of the lastest project.


I'd love for you all to join me in sending tiles for the auction.  If you need help or want to work together to get a project done let me know!

I've gotta get on the road now-running late for another wonderful class at Assmeblage Studio! http://www.theassemblagestudio.com/about.html

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, first your tile is AWESOME!!! And second, I'm smiling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chrys, as I said you're the reason I got involved! Thanks for spreading the "good" in the world!

    ReplyDelete